Monday, July 18, 2011

What Am I Doing?

Not what I should be doing, that's for sure.  I should be sewing.  I promised myself that I would be sewing.  But I am not.  I'm sort of out of kilter.  Mr. Muddling and Miss Ru went to Arizona for his sister's funeral, and I'm just not used to being here alone.  Chloe thought she would guard Mr. M's carry-on bag and not let him leave. LOL  She is so funny.  And it didn't work.

They are having a very good trip and visiting with all the relatives they haven't seen in a while, so it's good.  And I don't begrudge them the trip.  I just keep thinking one of them will come in and say something to me, like always.  Odd.  Could it be that I'm a bit spoiled?  Oh, definitely!



Here are a couple of shots of Claude, our feral addition to the family.  He's a very handsome boy, even if he is stand-offish.


As I said earlier, I've been letting the chickens roam around quite a bit, mostly to help them bear the heat, BUT this is the sight that greeted me when I went out the back door this afternoon. 

Oh, yeah, they definitely crossed the line.


"Unfair!  We've been unjustly imprisoned!  Help!"       Oh, brother.


On the plus side, the four o'clocks are blooming and perfuming the evening air.

Hope you're safe from marauding poultry.

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Susan said...

I know exactly what it is to be home alone and not doing what you want to do but I think your mind is with your husband and it is hard to think about other things. The marauding chickens are doing their best to get your attention though.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a great day :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those chickens are funny!! I guess they don't know the rules and the boundary.

Susie Swanson said...

Chickens have a mind of their own it seems. I know when I'm alone, it doesn't bother me until night.. Susie

*karendianne. said...

You know what you're doing? You're dang cracking me up this morning - that's what you're doing. I was completely sucked into the whole vibe of this lovely post then I see a mess and I start to think… and sure enough it was the bad chickens. Totally hilarious friend. Gosh. Another great post as you muddle thru.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love the cat photos. And the chicken ones of course. But the cat ones are my fav.