Thursday, July 19, 2012

Carnage




                                       

















I should really be ashamed to show you this, but the reality is - this is how my sewing room looks when I'm making string blocks.  I start out organized and controlled, but as I'm looking for that perfect strip this is what happens.


Bruno has learned to sleep through most of it.  As long as he's where I am he's happy.  My buddy!

Oh, and that wadded up neatly folded little quilt at the upper right is the plaid one I've been working on.  I got it quilted the other night and I sort of a little bit messed up right at the last.  So I have to rip the last bit out and do it over.  You can see that it's still sitting there untouched.  I went for a new project instead. I know.


So far, I've made these eleven blocks.  They are smaller than I usually make.  These are nine inches.  We'll see how it goes.


I've also been cutting triangles with my Go cutter and strips with the rotary cutter. I think I know what I want to do with them, but as usual - I AM muddling.

I had a friend here yesterday quilting a quilt she made for her son on my frame.  It's the second one she's completed and I am so impressed with how well she's done.

I think I should go to bed now, so hopefully this all makes sense!

Have a great day.

Hugs and kisses,



4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Picking a new project is always more fun than ripping out mistakes!!!

Karen said...

I think our room looks exactly like it should when you are busy working! It can't be too bad at all if Bruno sleeps through it.
The string blocks look very cheerful.
And, yes, keep starting new projects. It would be boring otherwise.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That room looks like mine! We have to remember they are workrooms, not show rooms.

I like your new project.

Susie Swanson said...

Don't you worry about the room. It suppose to look like that when we're quilting.. I love the new one.. Hope you have a nice week.