Monday, February 18, 2013

So, I Started Out

I've been playing around a little with the boxed squares.   I was going to use all batiks, but then my eyes fell upon a quilt in Karen Snyder's book Fat Quarter Fun in which she alternated the blocks with a lighter constant.  I decided to use red as the constant and started sewing blocks together.

Then I thought, What if I add a border of Kaffe Fassett fabric?

Then other possibilities occurred to me.  Who knows where it all will end?

What I do know is that I have a lot more strips cut and that it will be interesting to see where it all goes. 
 
Yes, I'm muddling again, but it's good therapy.
 
I hope you're finding something therapeutic to do, too.
 
 
 
(Bruno is always therapeutic for me.)
 
Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

You're right - it will be interesting to see where it all goes ... and I cannot wait.

Karen said...

Love all the colour!!

Millie said...

Bruno is such a cute and handsome guy. It looks like he is smiling. Elaine, I am in love with your new square project. The fabric is stunning, this will be another beautiful quilt.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, looks like you're having fun playing with fabric!

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity and it's looking good!

Nanette Merrill said...

The modern design is great for this fabric.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Sew, sew pretty!!! I love Kaffe Fassett fabrics! Bruno is a cutie!