Monday, December 1, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery

I'm going to try once again to make a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. At least this time I have a pretty good start made. (To my shame, I have actually started and abandoned a couple of these mysteries before.) 




That is 31 completed blocks for the first step. And you can see I have components beside my favorite machine (a Singer 1940 Model 201) ready to put together. I think I can. I think I can!



We did get our Christmas tree up over the weekend, always a good thing!


And today I made a pecan pie. There might have been some of it consumed by me. Maybe.

We have a cold front blowing in right now, so the pleasant days of being able to enjoy the swing on the patio are done for now. But it is a good reason stay inside and sew. ;)

Hope your week has started off well!

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

  1. I read about this mystery quilt on another bloggers post.......up till then, I had never heard of them. Cant wait to see what you have made! I need to get our tree up so pretty!..........sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled the fabric, printed first clue, but can't start until after Christmas. You have a good start. Beautiful machine! Good start on Christmas decorating. Yummy pie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can make it to the end this time - it's looking good so far!

    Yum - pecan pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year, I think I'm going to go along with Bonnie's mystery, but to be honest, her color choices aren't to my taste and I don't have enough color sense to be able to make wholesale substitutions. I hope you'll be able to finish yours ... it's looking spectacular so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha -- does a cold front take you down to 50 LOL??? You know I love to tease you about your weather. Your pie looks delicious -- I feel like I hardly had any pie for Thanksgiving -- maybe I should make another one haha. And your quilt looks like it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start to the mystery quilt and good luck!!
    That pie does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and your comments. I'd like to email you in return, but I can not if you do not have your email available on your profile page.