This little happy quilt is all ready to go with the next bunch of quilts to the USO lounge for our soldiers at the local airport. It was made with some of those four patches I have made as leader/enders, and since those finished at 4 1/2 inches, I used rectangle squares that were the same size. (Wanda gave a very clear tutorial of how to make these simple blocks here.) I combined four of each of those units to make a bigger four patch and alternated them. I like it!
And here's a shot of the backing - a pretty Jinny Beyer print setting off a row of patriotic teddy bears.
You can get a little better look at what the backing fabric is like in this inside shot. The binding is a red/blue ombre stripe.
I have two more quilted that I need to get the binding sewn on. Mr. Muddling has been on vacation this week, though it hasn't been much of one for him. He had intended to fabricate a storage building we had delivered here as a kit, but then the rains came. Our son came yesterday and helped (a LOT), and it has made good progress. There just seem to be a lot of things unexpectedly not included in the kit that necessitate trips to the hardware store, which in turn always seems to include more necessary purchases. Since I, oh so often, find that to be the case with fabric and related purchases, I understand. I'm just thankful Mr. Muddling also understands the valid need (LOL!!) for a large cache of fabric.
I do hope the rainy weather has not impacted you badly and that you are having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and kisses,