Saturday, March 11, 2017

Another Rail Fence - Purple This Time

Now that this one is complete, I'll show the front! This one was so much fun to make, it just about made itself. Don't you love it when all the components for a quilt just come together perfectly? That's what happened here. At least I think it is pretty well perfect! 

I bought this purple backing fabric from Marshall Dry Goods. It is one of the 108 inch wide backing prints, and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality. Plus, I'm lazy enough sometimes to enjoy a backing that didn't have to be pieced!

This was the start of making this one. I chain pieced all the rail fence pieces into blocks. It was fast!


And now for some really good news. I took Buddy to the vet Friday for his final heartworm checkup. He is totally clear! I am so happy and so thankful. God is good!

The little purple orchid now has two blooms, and there is another bud yet to open! 

We've had rain today, but I got twelve tomato plants set out in our little garden last evening, so they should have a good start! The rain has stopped now and the sun is peeping through.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The stripe really gives a lot of jazz to the purple rail fence.

Karen S said...

Lovely finish. The purples are a delight with such fun fabrics. And doesn't the border work really well in this one.
Fantastic news about Buddy. I am so very pleased for you.
Your orchid is looking stunning. A pretty match for your quilt.

Thimbleanna said...

I'm loving these rail fence quilts Elaine! They're so pretty -- Plus -- they're look like they'd be a perfect pattern for charity quilts and using up stash!