I quilted the baby quilt I've been working on last night. The pattern is "Kaleidoscope" by CluckCluckSew . It was a fun pattern to make. I backed it with this pretty fleece.
The pattern joins eight pieces in a pinwheel, then calls for stitching a circle over the intersection.
I decided it would be a good idea to remove that bulk at the center, so I cut that part out.
The fabrics are from a kit I bought at Connecting Threads a while back. Instead of the fabric they included for the center circle I chose to use some Paddington Bear numbers I cut from a piece of fabric in my stash. There are twenty blocks, so I have two sets of the numbers one through ten for the little girl to learn to count with when she gets (much) older.
By the way, I am holding myself back from buying some of the new line of fabric there. It's all reds!!!
I sewed a couple of these blocks last night. It's a disappearing four patch using 10 inch squares. Long ago in an attempt to manage my fabric stash I cut some of it into different size squares and strips. This is part of an ongoing effort to use some of them!
Do not be deceived by this innocent looking face. This little girl is continual mischief! We are so happy she is doing well, though, after her rough start in life that we are being a little more merciful than we probably should be.
It is a beautiful sunshine-y day here and I am going now to work a bit outside.
Hope your day is filled with wonderful opportunities for joy!
Hugs and kisses,