Friday, March 7, 2014

Floating Circles

At last, the floating circles quilt is finished! This is a bigger quilt than I usually make, so it definitely took a bit longer.  I wanted to make it a special one since it is for my sister Carolyn.

She likes blue, and there is a lot of blue in here.  I hope it will be enough blue to make her happy.

I had fun doodling with my longarm.

Each circle seemed to want something a little different.

You can see I did a little scribbling along the contours of these flowers.

I think all of the fabrics in here are pretty and they all play well together.

Carolyn is one of the sweetest people I know.  She's always helping someone else.  So I wanted to make something extra special for her.

Hope your weekend is off to a good start!

Hugs and kisses,

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh my. This quilt and the quilting is beautiful, truly special. You sister will love it : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I just love that quilt! I just noticed that you used darker triangles at the top ... it almost creates a 3D effect ... I love it! If your sister doesn't love it, I'll be happy to send you my mailing address. ha!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have such a beautiful assortment of fabrics in that quilt. You have the values placed just right too.

Wonky Girl said...

My goodness, the quilt turned out so gorgeous ! Your sis is one lucky gal. :-)

legato1958 said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love all of the colors and details!

Susie

Karen said...

Lovely. I like the quilting you have done also.
I think she will love it.

LA Paylor said...

what a terrific quilt. I love circles and fabrics and what a way to combine a love of both!
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Thimbleanna said...

Well, I'd say you completed the mission Elaine -- definitely something special for your sister. It's beautiful!

Empty Closet Quilting said...

The quilt is so lovely, I am sure your sister will think it is fabulous!

Susie Swanson said...

This quilt is very special and so beautiful. Your sister will be beside her self with joy. Hugs, xo