Sunday, March 30, 2014

Strings Completed!

The latest strip quilt is finished and delivered.  That's a good feeling. It went to a young man we know and love. I hope he enjoys it. 


Here's a shot just after I finished quilting it. I did not measure it, but it will cover a twin sized bed generously.

And a look at the backing. Don't you love those Mustangs and hibiscus?

Meanwhile, we still have lots of pollen around here. That's what all those yellow spots are on the roses.  It comes mostly from the pine trees abundant in our neighborhood.

But, those pine trees tend to make the soil perfect for azaleas, so I would say it's a pretty good trade-off.


Here's a sneak peek at what I'm working on now. I saw this video from Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Company and just had to give it a try. Can I just say, "WARNING!!! These blocks are addictive." But oh, so much fun.

Mr. Muddling and I were getting some work done out in the yard this past week, so I haven't been on here so much. But we DO have tomato plants in the garden now!

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and kisses,

11 comments:

Karen said...

The string quilt looks wonderful!!! So many gorgeous fabrics in it.
The azaleas do look lovely.
I know the blocks you are working on. I think they are wonderful!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

You're working on the Exploding Block! Good for you! I can't wait to see how it comes together for you! That string quilt finished up nicely ... love that outer border!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a perfect backing for a wonderful quilt. I'm sure it will be well loved.

Tomato plants already? But then your season ends earlier because of the heat.

Sheila said...

I LOVE your string quilt! So many fabrics! This one is definitely on my "quilts to make" list.

Sheila said...

I LOVE your string quilt! So many fabrics! This one is definitely on my "quilts to make" list.

Thimbleanna said...

Ah yes, it's that time of year for yardwork! Looks like you're still managing to get some quilting done though -- and I know that great quilt will be loved and appreciated!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Whoever the young man is, he will love that beautiful quilt! Lovely blossoms! Cant wait to see the quilt from these blocks!

Susie Swanson said...

I love the string quilt and your flowers are so beautiful as well. Ours has a ways to go yet but They're coming along. I dread the pollen so bad each year but sadly it goes with it. Hugs and blessings, xo

BJ said...

Great job Elaine! I checked out the YouTube link...it does look like fun!

Sheila said...

I watched the YouTube video clip. Thanks for the link. What a neat idea and COOL quilt.

Karendianne said...

Oh gosh, I totally dig this!!! Great job, excellent fabric choices. Yeah You!!!