Thursday, February 19, 2015

Seeing Stars

You know the drill - cut lots of little pieces


and then sew them together.

I decided to use half square trianges for this one instead of flying geese.


I find that after sewing and cutting for a long time - my back gets tired. And the easiest way to relieve that ache, for me, is to just lie down on the floor and get my back straight. Do  you see that look?  Bruno is wondering WHY are you on the floor, Mom?

But all those pieces are starting to come together. Which is a really good thing because the shower is on Sunday! Will I finish it? No clue.

This is one of the narcissus from our yard. Isn't it pretty?

And since I can't actually send you any sunshine I thought I would do the next best thing and send you lots of views of Springtime here at Muddle Manor. I for one am thankful that it is warmer!

I hope you're having a good week and accomplishing lots of fun things!

Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your springtime looks so good as we endure this Arctic cold front, below zero already tonight.

Karen S said...

Love those stars. They show how gorgeous such a simple design can be. Fun in blues, too.
Bruno knows how good it is to lie on the floor - he does it all the time!
Lovely flowers. It is lovely to enjoy the sun after a cold Winter.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Thank you for sharing a hint of sunny, warm weather ... it gives me hope that some day (soon?), we'll be having the same kind of weather here. I love your 4 patch stars ... that will be a gorgeous quilt.

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Love those blue stars!

Susie Swanson said...

Thanks so much for the spring. it really does help to look at your beautiful flowers and creations. Hugs and much love dear friend, xo

Thimbleanna said...

Boy Elaine, you've been on a roll with your beautiful quilts -- two more done and now this! Did you make it in time for Sunday -- I'm betting you did -- you're a speed demon!!! I love star blocks and these are perfect!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! What a beautiful quilt pattern. I love the colors very much. Bruno sure is a cute dog. I just love the star blocks.