Friday, April 21, 2017

Nothing Finished, But Still Plenty in the Works

A few more of these Winding Ways blocks have made it up onto the design wall. They are really fun to make.
And I've put these half square triangle blocks back up on the other wall. I think I may try to get them all sewn together and see if it is going to be big enough. 
Our girls gave me this bear one Christmas long ago. I put one of the old t-shirts from their baby days on him today, just for fun. He is showing some of the strip leftovers from when I cut the rail fence quilts. I do hate to let these little bits and pieces go to waste. I think there may be some more added and they will eventually turn into a quilt.
Lots of pretty things out in the back yard, and the African violets in the upper right are, of course, inside. They are not an outside plant! I do love the flowers everywhere right now. I plan to enjoy all of them I can before the real heat of Summer gets here!

I hope there are plenty of things for you to enjoy where you are. Our wonderful God has given us so many beautiful things to see and appreciate. I am thankful!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Karen S said...

Wow, lots of blocks being added to both these quilts. Sometimes the garden calls instead of sewing!!

Margaret Stickland said...

Hi Elaine Just surfing around the quilting b;ogs haven't been looking for yonks. Your work is always lovely to see Blessings Margaret

Wonky Girl said...

Oh, the winding ways is full of curves. I guess you are good at curves. Me, not so much. I like seeing the process of your blocks. I enjoy making blocks the most, maybe why I have so many starts and so few finishes ! Your garden is growing so nice.

Thimbleanna said...

I can't wait to see where these pretty blocks are going to take you Elaine -- looking forward to the quilts they will become! And your flowers are looking beautiful! I'm a little sad tonight -- we got new windows today and in the process, the goobers made chopped liver out of my allium -- they would have bloomed in about 2 weeks -- that long 50 week wait for 2 fabulous weeks -- down the tubes! ;-(