Friday, May 12, 2017

Finally!

I DO finally have a finish. This is actually a bonus finish! It's one of the leftover blocks from this quilt, which I quilted to make a little tv tray mat. My take on Kathy Doughty's Vintage Spin was so much fun. I may seriously have to make another one.


This is the quilt I finally finished. I got stalled on it somehow and put it aside for awhile. But now it is finished and I have to say I like it!  It will be going to our nephew. 

The backing is a tone on tone and the binding is a fun orange "space" fabric. Both are from Connecting Threads.

There are fun fabrics in it that make me smile.
And plenty of pretty ones, too. Lots to see and enjoy. I think he will like it!

Speaking of see and enjoy  - here are a few pictures of our baby chicks. They arrived last Thursday and it has been really hard not to spend too much time out there enjoying their antics! They are growing so fast and have already begun to get their wing and tail feathers. 
The picture on the upper left is the little box they traveled in, and the next two are soon after they moved into their much larger quarters. The one on the lower right is today and you can see if you click on the picture to enlarge it that they have changed quite a bit in just a week. Exciting stuff!
And lots to see and do outside, too. It's no wonder I haven't gotten a lot of quilting done! I do love this time of year when everything is doing its best to show off the prettiest blooms. 
Oh, and the lower left photo is our neighbor Midnight "helping" me tie up cucumber plants. The yarn was just too much for him to resist!

I hope there is plenty going on in your corner of the world that is making you happy. Because. The Lord has given us a lot that is good, even when it looks like bad might be winning!

Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Margaret Stickland said...

Elaine you have been busy as usual and it all looks good.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love those little chicks! My, you have lots of color in your outdoors. Ours is finally starting too. And of course I love the zigzag quilt. I may have to make another of those.

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt, Elaine. WOW! LOVE THOSE LITTLE CHICKS! One day I will have some chicks, too. Until then I'll enjoy your little babies. Post lots of pictures, please.

Karen S said...

Well done on the finishes. The tray mat is lovely and is a great way to use a block.
And the quilt for your nephew is a delight. I am sure it will be welcomed.
Your chicks are looking great and it will not be long before they are out in the garden. And on that note, your garden is looking a treat at the moment. Those plants are really enjoying the weather.

Miri said...

Great quilt-I love the shimmery look. I'm back-finally. I've been looking but not writing, too hard to do lying down:)

Connie said...

I've been enjoying the outdoors but I don't garden. I'm proficient in sitting on the porch swing tho.

Thimbleanna said...

Another beauty Elaine! I have no idea how I missed that sunshine quilt, but it's gorgeous too!!!