Friday, February 23, 2018

A Blue Quilt for a Special Friend

I finished this one last night for a friend of ours. He's been through some tough battles lately and I believe this quilt will be a comfort to him. He likes blue.
 
Edited to add:  I totally forgot to mention that this a free pattern from the very generous Bonnie Hunter, Strip Twist. You'll find it on the Free Patterns tab at the top of her blog.

Here are a few more shots of it. I do love the crinkly one this morning after a run through the washer and dryer!  The one on the lower left is the backing. I bought a bolt of a Mary Fons fabric. It's a very small design but the feel of it is wonderful! On the upper right you might notice that Miss Dinah immediately jumped up on it to test it while I was going to get my phone to take a photo. No boundaries at all for that young lady!

Mr. Muddling and I took a little drive the other day and ended up at a garden center that had a few plants begging to go in our garden. Of course we had to bring them home and into the ground most of the went! I am impatient for Spring to be fully here. We have the rain part! It's been raining here for days and more to come. Too bad we can't save some of that for the Summer when we'll be needing rain so badly.

I had to buy this red geranium to go on the patio and keep company with the new red table and chairs that were our Christmas present to each other.

They look pretty happy together!

I hope you are finding something or lots of somethings that are making you happy today. Sometimes you have to look a little harder than other times, but there are always things for which to be thankful, and I AM!

Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

Oh I love the quilt and someone is going to be so excited. You have a heart of gold. I love your flowers and furniture. Red is my favorite and I have some red on my porch as well and the house also. I've been wondering about how you all were doing with so much rain. We've had a beautiful week here with above average temps but we'll probably pay for it as it is still early. All the early flowers are up and I'm enjoying them but hope they don't get froze. Hope you enjoy your weekend. blessings and love.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can't wait for our garden centers to open and show us some spring. I'm afraid we are a couple months behind you though.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blue quilt. I also love Bonnie Hunter's free patterns. I am sure your friend will love the quilt.

Karen S said...

Great quilt and a perfect choice of pattern. The blues look wonderful in that design.
Love the red geranium. I have quite a few of those outside, too. Lovely to have colour around.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a generous gift!! Your friend is sure to be comforted by quilty hugs.

Thimbleanna said...

Another wonderful quilt Elaine -- you're so sweet to think of everyone. And I LOVE your new little patio set -- I've always loved that style of chair. My MIL once sent a whole, perfectly good set, to goodwill. I guess I should have told her how much I loved them -- I thought she loved them too and wouldn't get rid of them LOL.

Susie Swanson said...

Thought I'd pop in and say hi and I'm hoping you're having some spring weather. it's teasing us here. warm one day and today snow showers but hate to complain with so many worse off. Take care. Blessings and Love.