Friday, February 9, 2018

Well, Hello

I know I said I wouldn't go crazy and get too much mulch again, but it might have somehow happened. And garden soil. But thanks to the mighty muscles of Mr. Muddling, large areas of our yard look much better! 

In this season perpetual hope known as almost Spring, I'm believing we'll have glorious gardens this year. 
I started playing with some log cabin blocks made of 1 1/2 inch strips. 

So far they have grown into this. I'm liking it a lot. I found the most tempting YouTube tutorial of cutting them using the Go! Cutter. I do love accuracy and saving time! You should see my little assembly line I have going in the sewing room! 

I finished this one for our darling son. The name of the fabric is Jamaica. You may remember that he and his sweet, sweet wife took our two daughters on a trip there several years back. It was such a high point of Miss Ru's life and we are all so glad she got to make the trip.

The backing is this fleece that Mr. Muddling is sure looks like an underwater garden. (And yes, Mr. Muddling did indeed try to keep this one, just like so many others!)

Here is its crinkly after washing and drying picture. It is a lightweight, yet still warm and comfy quilt!  This is fabric from Jordan Fabrics, and the pattern is her tutorial I've used a couple of times before. Fun and easy quilt to make!

I've started cutting for another rail fence quilt - this one in patriotic red, white and blue.

Not saying that our dogs are in any way spoiled, but today has been that kind of day where you don't really feel like doing much of anything. Ariel and Lady are masters of that! Don't they look comfy!

I do hope you have a wonderful weekend, full of fun. I am so thankful for the life the Lord has given me.

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Oooo - Jamaica sure is pretty, but I'm also in love with your log cabins - so very nice.

Susie Swanson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie Swanson said...



Oh how pretty those are. I've done the Log Cabin pattern and the Rail Fence before. Your mulch has given me spring fever. I'm not able to spread it but my husband is waiting patiently to get some. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend. Lots of rain coming in here. Blessings and much love.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What FUN you've been having in your sewing room!!

Karen S said...

There is a lot of work in that pile of mulch and soil but in the Spring and Summer it will pay off. Our plants would not survive the heat without mulch.
For a quick moment I thought your log cabin blocks were the Spring flowers you referred to. But I love seeing them in the reds.
Lovely work with the Jamaican fabric. It makes a stunning quilt. And I agree with the underwater description on the backing.
Those dogs are not spoiled, just loved!!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

As always, your quilts are so beautiful and colorful. I hope you'll have a great garden. It's time to start preparing if people plan to garden. Your dogs are lucky to have such a good family.