Monday, May 13, 2019

Red, White and Blue

I finished another rail fence quilt for the USO Lounge at the local airport.

Leftover blocks added to the backing fabric.

And a very crinkly, cuddly quilt ready to go!
So many pretty things outside right now. The rain has made them happy.

And, I have identified the mystery plant from my last post. When I went to visit my sweet neighbor she showed me a plant she had received for her birthday, and it was the same plant, just different colored flowers! Her plant still had the information. I was so happy to finally find out what it is:  a calibrachoa.  I put a link, if you click on that name you can find out about them. I had not encountered them before.

I am happy to report that I am getting stronger each day. It is a joy to feel that soon I will be able to do the things I am longing to do! God is good, and I am so thankful!

Hope all is well in your world, and that joy is a welcome visitor!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I just found the calibrachoa a few years ago and I had never heard of them before either. I have put them in my pots for about 3 years now and they are so pretty. They last into the fall and can even take a little colder weather than lots of other plants.

Sheila said...

I have noticed pots and hanging baskets of the calibrachoa at our local Lowe's this year as well as the past few years. They are so pretty! Your flowers are beautiful as always. Thank you for sharing pictures.
Your red, white, blue quilt is beautiful. All your quilts are beautiful. Your USO quilts touch so many lives. If they could talk, the stories of warmth and comfort they could share.
So happy to hear that you are getting stronger, dear.

Susie Swanson said...

Love the quilt. The Rail fence Pattern is one of my favorites to quilt. Your flowers look so beautiful and I'm so happy to hear you are improving and doing so well. Blessings sweet friend.

Karen S said...

Another wonderful quilt. This is always a great design and works so well with the R,W and B.
I am pleased you found out about the plant. Good to have answers to questions.
Your garden really is enjoying the rain.