Sunday, May 26, 2019

Busy busy!

Isn't Buddy's the most innocent face you've seen today? I do love this dog. He makes me laugh, and that is such a good thing!

All the rampantly growing things outside (except the weeds of course)  are making me happy, too! 

My sewing room is a mess, but that is because I am trying to do too many things at the same time. I had such a long spell of not being able to do much of anything that now I seem to want to do it all at once! There are literally three quilts in progress right now. And there might have been some stash enhancement! Crazy, I know.

This quilt top is finished. It looks a lot better in person. I ran across a lot of smaller leftovers of men's shirting fabrics and decided to make nine patches from them. I added that pale blue stripe fabric in between and ended up with a quilt top, after adding a few borders. I'm trying to get another top ready to quilt for the USO, and then I'll quilt both of them.

Mr. Muddling and I dropped off two quilts at the airport for the USO a couple of weeks ago. And they need more.

I am so thankful to be feeling so much better. I can walk quite well now, though I have no plans to run races! It's good to get back to life again.
I hope you are well and happy with plenty of good things happening where you are!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Love your pictures. I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling more mobile these days. Love your sewing area. Lots of creativity going on in there.

Karen S said...

Looks like there is quite a lot happening in your quilt room. Love that there are so many things on the go.
The nine patch looks great with the shirting. A very effective combination.
Keep enjoying your lovely garden and your delightful dog.

Susie Swanson said...

Yes, looks like a lot going on your neck of the woods. Buddy is a sweetie and I love your garden. Everything looks so green and pretty. love the quilts as well. nothing like making a nine patch when there's lots of stash to choose from. So glad to hear you're doing better and mending good. I know what you mean about not running any races but it feels good to get up and do anything. With me it's very light stuff and that's in the morning when I'm at my best. But like you I Thank God for every little step and for carrying me so long. You take care and enjoy. Lots of Blessings.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Sounds like you are really busy. Buddy sure is a pretty dog. I love your quilts and your garden. Keep enjoying your work and life.