Thursday, May 7, 2020

Absolutely Loving It

Spring, after a very light Winter, is delightful! There are angel trumpets dripping all over our yard.
This is a hibiscus that survived the Winter. It has to be over 15 feel tall!
 
And lots of other pretty things to see, too. The vegetable garden is coming along splendidly, and the flowers are oh, so happy  I am trying to enjoy every little bit of it all I can, because I know that the heat of Summer will be here very soon. Matter of fact, it's here already some afternoons. It is important to enjoy the fresh beauty while it is around.
 
Something else I'm really enjoying is our new baby chicks! I have no idea why I love them so much, but I do! Mr. Muddling just shakes his head and loves me anyway, thank God!
 
Buddy is watching over them, and I am watching him! LOL!
 
This is a not-yet-finished Ribbons quilt. It is a Jordan Fabrics free pattern. You can see a video here. It was originally posted in November, 2018.  I am making mine a queen size. The center portion is all sewn together now and I just have to make decisions about the borders and get them attached.
 
I wish I could share some of the loveliness here with you all, but I hope you have lots where you are that is making your smile!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the little chicks too. It's like little kittens or puppies, such energy and promise from them.

We're in the 40s today.....but sunshine off and on. They keep promising us spring is really here.

Karen S said...

I agree. Make the most of the lovely weather while you can and definitely enjoy the garden.
Your little chicks are delightful. They grow fast, too.
And a lovely project on the go as well!

WonkyGirl said...

So many pretty things. I sure enjoy your blog.
One of our bantams went rogue with a hidden nest. She proudly brought four chicks to us a few days ago.
(((Hugs)))

Thimbleanna said...

Everything looks so beautiful Elaine -- especially your new quilt! It's still a bit chilly here, but I've been trying to do some yard work -- always lots to do in the spring.