Friday, May 29, 2020

Two Finishes

The quilt is finished! It is a little too heavy to be on the bed right now, but you know I had to see how it looked.
It looks pretty happy.
As I said earlier, this is a quilt design and a free pattern from Donna Jordan of Jordan Fabrics. I really like the little extra detail she added to the borders on all four sides. It was a very easy pattern and went together quickly.
Right now it is living on our sofa in the den. I just like looking at it!
Project number two is the little fabric panel wall hanging. It seemed like time to get the Valentine hanging down and put up a new one. I just quilted a very simple design and put it up. Seems perfect for summertime.
More sunshine is the plumeria flowers in a pot on the front. And the chrysanthemums. 
What I really like about the plumeria is that you can just pull it out of the pot before it freezes every year and let it rest in the garage, or someplace where it will not get too cold. Come springtime, put it in fresh potting soil and it will leaf up soon.
We have had lots of rain this week, but it seems to be over for now. So back to the heat!
 
I hope you are having feelings of completion and happiness. This is a beautiful world the Lord has given us.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Love that Sunshine wall hanging. Summery indeed!

Karen S said...

That is a wonderful finish on your quilt. It is a very effective design and your fabrics looks great.
Lovely wall hanging too. It looks like summer!
Your flowers are very pretty. A delicate boom.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How sweet is your wall hanging! And as always, your quilt is just lovely! I have never heard of plumeria and not sure if it will grow here with the climate being so hot and dry. Such a pretty yellow! How true are your words........this is a beautiful world that the Lord has given us!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Elaine, your quilts is so pretty! And the wall hanging is so sweet. I have searched and searched for a plumeria , but not any in our area. Have a beautiful weekend!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love your beautiful quilt. Your flowers are very pretty, too.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! What an awesome finish to your quilt. I love the colors and the pattern.

WonkyGirl said...

Hey Girl where are you ? I always watch for and enjoy your blog postings. Hope all is well and you will be back soon !
(((virtual hugs)))

Margaret Stickland said...

Still doing skillful work it is a credit to you Blessings