Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mary's Quilt



Well, I have finally finished our younger daughter Mary's quilt and it will soon be on its way to her. She moved to New York state, so you know she will appreciate the warmth as well as the love in this one. It didn't quite make it in time for Christmas, but better late than not at all! :)







I backed this quilt with fleece, but first I had to add some retrievers to it. Mary's dog Charlie is a black Labrador retriever and one of the dearest dogs I've ever known. He is her best friend, and I'm glad she has such a faithful one.

It has been a pretty, sunny day here in Houston, but we have some colder weather due here tonight. I can't say I'm looking forward to it. But it does give me a good excuse to stay inside and sew. :)




My family always says that if they want to find me they have only to look for Bruno. Wherever I am you can be pretty sure he will be there, too. He is my good friend and faithful companion. I am thankful for him.


Stay warm and have a great evening!
Hugs and kisses,

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good work, Elaine. What beautiful blues and it is big. The fleece backing is going to be very much appreciated if she is getting this frigid weather too. Bruno looks content.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Lovely work Elaine! She is going to love it! Your Bruno sounds like my Sophie. She is my constant companion. Blessings, Kathleen