Saturday, October 9, 2010

Feelin' Groovy

The "Groovy" quilt is finished (except for sewing a label on, which I will do later today).


I like it.  It seems such a happy quilt to me -full of bright happy fabrics.

I hadn't noticed until now, but the way I've pieced the backing, it looks like a big happy H!  Groovy!

As I've mentioned before, the fabric line is Psychedelic by Sue Penn for Camelot Cottons. 


The striped binding, which I like a lot, is from the same line.  Tomorrow it will go to its new owner.  I hope she likes it!

I looked at the chicks in their little warm tent this morning and they looked like they were all having a bad hair day.

A few of them pointed out to me that my hair didn't look that great either.  Sheesh, I get no respect from chickens!

It's a beautiful day here.  Hope you're having a good one!

Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Millie said...

Elaine, what a striking quilt with the yellow sashings.
Did you make the pattern up yourself? Nice to see how the chikens is getting bigger and bigger.

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- I can just hear those little chicks commenting on your hair. The quilt looks Wonderful!!!

Susan said...

Oh, Elaine, this post is making me chuckle. Those chicks are so cute even with bad hair. How wonderful you have them to entertain! thanks for sharing.