Thursday, May 5, 2011

Upgrade

I did do a little sewing last night.  LOL  I did an "upgrade" on our backyard swing.  Our ginger lilies used to shade the back of the swing from the late afternoon/evening sunshine, but they have died so far back the last couple of winters that they're not doing their job.  I hemmed around the edges of a piece of outdoor fabric and sewed it to the back of the canopy.


Oh yeah, much better!  I did actually sit here for about five minutes.  LOL  I had the fence opened into that little flower bed so the chickens could clean it out for me.  They're really good at that.  You just have to watch them pretty closely or they'll destroy everything!



Here's a closer look at the flowers on the althea in that bed.  It is really showing off right now and I'm really enjoying seeing it.

I did manage to get the binding sewn together and pressed, so maybe I can get that sewn onto the quilt for our bed tonight.  Fingers crossed.  I'd like to be finished with it.  It's been "in process" for well over a year.  I really do not like to have unfinished things hanging around.  Done is GOOD!

Get out there and do something!  You'll feel better.  ;)

Hugs and kisses,
                                           

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the toenails ah! summer, mine are all covered up now. Now your Althea is wjhat we call a Native or Decidois Hibiscus. We have one in the ront garden . I didn't know that it was also called the Rose of Sharon. http://landscaping.about.com/od/shrubsbushes/p/rose_of_sharon.htm

Margaret said...

Deciduous and what. Typing a bit muddled this morning trying to do too many things at once.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Lovely red toenails! Looks like you are as busy as ever!blessings,Kathleen

Nanette Merrill said...

Love these photos. Your red toes are the cutest addition to the yard. My daughter gave me a pedicure Sunday for Mother's Day. My polish matches yours exactly. A cherry red. My favorite.