Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here We Go Again

I've started the year as I mean to continue.  I've started another quilt.  I know.  What a shock!

I wanted to make another tumbler quilt, and I will, but then I saw this one over on Mary Johnson's wonderful instruction pages.    I want to have a quilt done quickly and this one is going together pretty fast.  I chose the fabrics last night and then got it cut out and this much of it up on the design wall tonight.  I want to put together two more vertical rows of squares, then I'll start sewing them together.  I'm hoping to have it ready by the weekend. 
Other than that, I've had a really lazy day.  I've barely even been outside, which is a shame because it was a beautiful day.  It's cold tonight, though - almost freezing right now.

I'm going to head to bed now, so I'll say good night.  Are you doing anything interesting?

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Karen said...

Looking good. I do enjoy the quilts over at her blog. Simple but very effective.

Annie said...

I've wanted to make this one for ages - perhaps I'll have a go at it. I ventured into my sewing room today and finished off a placemat, and sorted sorted sorted. I have basted 2 quilts and about to watch a movie with Miss Flowergarden and do some hand quilting. The other one has been started on the machine. Oh, did I forget to mention that after my cup of afternoon coffee I fell asleep on the couch in my sewing room!!

Anonymous said...

My very next quilt project is to get the sports team color throw made for my hubby. His b'day is mid-Jan so I NEED to start but I have to finish the house cleaning first so I can. It's got to be done, oh my. Besides, hubby is a very patient and understanding man which is wonderful. I haven't even decided yet what design I'm making, but whatever it is, it will be a simple rotary cut and sew-it-up one. I am excited about making it for him so it will be a project of fun. Happy stitching!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love a quick quilt now and then, to feel some accomplishment and use up some stash. I think it looks like a great way to start the new year!

Susan said...

Happy New Year Elaine! My, how beautiful your collage of quilts is. You were certainly turning out the quilts in 2011 and looks like you are still on a roll.