Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On the Wall Again

I have my sister's (soon-to-be-finished-I-hope) Christmas quilt back up on my design wall.  I did get a couple more rows sewn tonight.  I'm going to finish it.  Honest.  I am.  Really.

This was supposed to be a Christmas gift, and she knows it and is not worried.  It's too hot, she says, for a quilt right now anyway.  Silly girl.  It's never too hot for a quilt.  In my opinion.

Somehow, I just got tired of sewing apple cores and put it aside, where it stayed for far too long.  Time to get it done.

And, is it just me, or do the bunnies seem just a wee bit diabolical?

This one jumped in my cart today at the grocery store.

So did those pretty purple foil-wrapped Kisses.  I'm pretty sure it's not my fault.

There are no small children anywhere near my house for Easter, so no egg dying here.  I'll just have to celebrate with chocolate.  Always a good thing!

Hope you get in some celebrating, too!

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, just dye those eggs anyway Elaine! I told my mom that I'm coming over this weekend to dye eggs with her just like we used to do. It's not my fault there aren't any little kids around -- I still want to dye them!!!

Susan said...

Happy Easter, Elaine! I haven't had a piece of chocolate or anything sweet for the holiday, and no eggs being colored here, I feel like the Easter Grinch.

Nanette Merrill said...

The bunny is cute! I love a wrapped easter candy. I remember easters from my childhood so well. The apple core is coming along. What a great christmas gift. Happy Easter.

BJ said...

Those crazy bunnies are very agile...found one in my shopping cart when I got to the checkout as well. No children around here either....but, my son and his wife just bought a bigger house (this week!) and rumor had it that they wouldn't have children while in their tiny house, so...I am dreaming of grandchildren! Have a blessed Easter Elaine! He is risen!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, I agree, it's never too hot for a quilt. I remember in the hot summer days, lying down on Grandma's bed to rest. Her quilt was so cool and I love the textured feel to it! Even chocolate bunnies hop.........into your basket!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What a beautiful Christmas quilt. I'm sure your sister will love it. I sure hope you had a fantastic Easter. I love the Easter bunnies.