Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Projects







I've got exactly four more star blocks to make before I can put the sashing on and decide on a border.  So naturally I decided it would be a good time to start another project.  This is a pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company, and as you can see it's pretty colorful with these fabrics.



It's made of 2 1/2 inch strips.  You can see the bright and colorful Dr. Seuss and oh-so-cute Melly and Me fabrics here.  I've been cutting these strips with the June Tailor Shape Cut ruler.  I wish I had known about this one long ago!  It cuts perfect strips, something I don't always do a good job of keeping uniform. I try, but somehow I have some little stinkers that don't stay the same width. Not any more!



And......after you've cut those strips, you can then sub-cut them into perfect squares with the same tool.  SCORE!


Look at this cute little pile of perfection.  And yes, that is for yet another new project I've started.  I know.  What can I say?





Last night Mr. Muddling and I had dinner at Cracker Barrel with our new pastors.  We had a good time getting to know each other and enjoying a good meal.  Before they got there we were doing a little shopping around in the store side and would you just look at this.  If our little girls were still little this would have definitely come home with us!  Ah, memories!

Hope you're finding plenty to keep you busy and happy.

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you're keeping busy with some fun projects Elaine -- as always!!!

Susan said...

Cute. Rulers are great tools and when you find a special one it is all the more sweeter. I've got a couple that I wonder how I did without them.

Karmen said...

That's going to be an adorable quilt! Karmen

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow. Sew cute. I love it. I have some of those fabrics, too!