Saturday, November 3, 2012

Playing and Seeing

I took Miss Ru shopping this week.  She got some new clothes and I got a couple of necklaces.  After looking at them for a while I decided that I could make some myself.  So I bought a few more ingredients and came home and put these three together.  It was fun.

Today Mr. Muddling and I took a little tour of the Houston International Quilt Festival.  There are so many beautiful quilts there (but you already know that, don't you?) - too many really to pick just a few, but I will show you a few that I especially liked.  This one is pretty simple, but each of the stones in the artwork is a piece of batik.  Each piece is just top stitched on to make this wall with a window.  Details are added with machine stitching.  Very striking in person.

I think this simple threesome of zinnias was my favorite of all we saw today.  I just like everything about it.

And would you just look at these orchids!  It doesn't even look like a quilt, does it.  But it is!

And this not-so-striking picture is my feet on the way home.  Glad My Sweetie Pie was driving and I could rest!  All that looking is hard work, especially the walking that gets you to where you can look.
 
It's been raining here off and on for most of the day.  Not complaining.  We need it, and it makes me very happy that there is no where that I have to go tonight.
 
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
 
Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Those awesome quilts are definitely pieces of art! I can't imagine how long it took to make them. Thanks for sharing picturesl

Karen said...

Watch out. That jewellery making can become addictive, too.
The quilts are amazing. How lucky are you that you can go to the festival!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that orchid quilt is amazing -- I thought it was just a-bit-over-exposed photo. Sounds like you had a fun day viewing the quilts!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You did a beautiful job on the necklaces!! I have just got to make a trip to see the quilt show some day! Rest those feet!

Nanette Merrill said...

Market is EXHAUSTING. But worth it like you say. Love the quilts you posted. How fun. Jealous.

Susie Swanson said...

Those quilts are beautiful and the necklaces to.. You are sooo talented.