Thursday, July 9, 2015

Oh, This and That


The is one of the fabrics from The Garden of Earthly Delights line by KM Studios. No, I have no idea whatsoever what I will do with it. I just wanted it, so I bought it. I read about the fabric line on the Material Obsession blog and went to my friend ebay to see if I could find some. This one just leaped out at me and into my basket. I do like it. It's on my design wall now looking back at me while I sew.

When our unassembled storage shed was delivered several weeks ago, it came on a very large truck. My friend and neighbor Sandy had to tell me that she had asked her husband what he thought might be on that truck. His reply just cracked me up - he said, "Oh, it's probably just more fabric."  All joking aside, I do not apologize for my fabric acquisitions. It's just more fun to color when you have a bigger box of crayons.

I finally got the binding sewn on this one last night, and here it is all washed and dried and ready to go.

The backing is the mustang fabric. This one went to the USO lounge at the airport today.

Sandy made this one. It's from Mary Johnson's free pattern, Patriotic Rail Fence. Didn't she do a beautiful job making it! I want to make one (at least!) of these, too.

Sandy went with me this afternoon to deliver these six quilts to the sweet ladies at the USO-IAH.  They liked them a lot, and said the ones we had taken earlier really brightened up the place. We are just thankful they will be used and enjoyed.

This is the last picture I had taken of the baby quilt I'm making for Mr. Muddling's co-worker's daughter. It's a lot further along now, but this is the layout. I like it. I wasn't sure I would - it's not my normal color palette, but it's pretty anyway.

And since inquiring minds want to know, here's the recipe:

Blueberry Banana Pie

Two baked pie shells.

2 envelopes Dream Whip
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 bananas
1 can blueberry pie filling


Cream together cream cheese and sugar.  In separate bowl mix Dream Whip with milk and vanilla.  When whipped to peaks, fold in cream cheese mixture.

Line bottoms of pie shells with sliced bananas. Fill with creamed mixture.  Top with blueberry filling.  Chill and serve.

It really is stunningly easy to make and delicious. If you try it, let me know how you liked it.

Meantime, tomorrow is Friday and I know that makes a lot of you very happy!  Have a great weekend!

Hugs and kisses,

9 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilts, Elaine! Especially the dancing nines sashed with red strips. Beautiful border and backing. That pattern and the Mary Johnson's red/white/blue quilt pattern are on my bucket list.
I like to collect crayons, too : )

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the baby quilt too. The zig zags are always a surprise when working on them. I didn't like a couple of mine until I got most of it up on the design wall.

Karen S said...

Lovely finish on the 9 patch quilt. And that is a fantastic backing you have used.
What a gorgeous collection you have taken along to the USO lounge. (Can you tell me what the USO lounge is? It's not something an Aussie is familiar with.)
I really like the way the baby quilt is coming together. That combination is working well.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Fabulous quilts, Elaine! The colors in that baby quilt are in my normal color palette either, but it's going to be such a sweet little quilt. I have made a couple of quilts in colors that I would have never chosen myself ... and surprised myself how much I liked them when I was done. Amazing how that happens, isn't it?

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful quilts as always Elaine! The USO quilts all look so pretty together. And OH YUM -- thanks for the pie recipe -- it looks DIVINE!!!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love that pink fabric and those quilts together in the photo are so lovely! The pie sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love that pink fabric and those quilts together in the photo are so lovely! The pie sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I love that pink fabric! The quilts photoed together are so lovely! I am sure everyone so appreciates them. Thank you for sharing the wonderful sounding recipe

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I love that pink fabric! The quilts photoed together are so lovely! I am sure everyone so appreciates them. Thank you for sharing the wonderful sounding recipe