Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Azaleas Think Spring Has Arrived


Seriously? Yes. Some of the silly things are actually coming into bloom. They are in for a rude awakening. The forecast is for near freezing tonight. But it surely does make a bright spot on my kitchen windowsill, doesn't it!

I picked these zinnias on Friday. You might notice that a few of them have been touched by a bit of frost, but they are still pretty.

This quilt has now had its binding applied and been through a wash and dry. I do like seeing all that crinkly goodness! This one will go to the local USO.

And........the Christmas decorations have all been put away and this exercise bike is back in its place reminding me I need to get on it and ride. We will absolutely not talk about the amount of pie, cake and cookies consumed over the past couple of month. Not. At.. All.

I bought some Texas-themed fabric a while back and decided I would like a quilt made from them. It's just a yard each of a red and a blue. I added some white in and so far, this is what has happened.

And since it's me, you've probably already figured out that I put a few "other" things in, too, just for fun.

It is an incredibly beautiful day here. It's cold, but such clear blue skies and bright sunshine it just make your heart happy. At least it makes mine happy!

I do hope you are having a wonderful day where you are.

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Karen S said...

Lovely to see the pretty flowers. Definitely enjoy those.
The quilt looks lovely and snuggly.
Great work with your Texas fabric. I am loving the effect you are creating with this one.

Sheila said...

What pretty flowers! Our white perennial candytuff bloomed after Christmas! December was unseasonably warm. Now it's cold like it should be and we are wondering if the plants will bloom again in the spring. Still we did enjoy seeing those sweet white blooms.

Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny -- Dr. Suess and Sock Monkeys -- what more could a beautiful quilt want??? Good Luck with the exercise bike. And when you get done with each session -- have a cupcake to celebrate!!! ;-D

Mrs. D said...

I just can't get enough of your fabulous quilts and quilting.