Saturday, December 23, 2017

Stripes and Spots

I finished another one that will be a Christmas gift, but it will be a late one. It's in the mail though!

This is another one made from a tutorial from Jordan Fabrics. For this one though, I changed the layout. Really fun and easy blocks to make.

Got to love that crinkly fresh from the washer and dryer portrait!

The spots are the fleece backing. I used a thicker batting (Warm and Plush from the Warm Company) on this one, too, since it is going to upstate New York to a dear friend.

Another friend all the way from London sent the lovely floral arrangement to us. I do love flowers!

 I have two little Christmas cacti blooming out on the patio. We had to retire the porch swing out there that I have enjoyed for so long. It had a long run, both out in the back yard and on the porch, but the canvas seat just got too tired!.  We decided to put a table and some chairs out there this time around. Seems like a good idea to have a sheltered outdoor place to enjoy a meal or snack sometimes.  We'll be getting those in place sometime soon.

We are having a bit of colder weather here for Christmas. That always makes it seem more like Christmas. We had family here today for a meal and will be sharing Christmas day with our son's family. He and his darling wife were part of the family here today, but we get to spend two days (and share two meals) with them this Christmas.

I hope you have a really good Christmas. Jesus IS the reason for the season!

Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Karen S said...

The stripes look wonderful and the colours are cheerful and bright. (Sounds like a Christmas carol!). Another of your lovely gifts.
Having a table and chairs outside is a lovely idea.
We sat outside with our family here on Christmas night for our meal. Perfect weather with no insects to disturb us. The breakfast outside again this morning. Love it when the weather is just right.

Sandy Panagos said...

The colorful stripes make for really fun blocks! Merry Christmas.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love your stripes and spots quilt and the cactus. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a very Happy New Year!

Margaret Stickland said...

Jesus certainly is the reason for the season and when I hearGustav Mahler's Messiah, I am reminded that the Hallelujah Chorus will be sung till the end of time.

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful quilt and I've never seen that pattern before. I love your cactus. Mine is trying to bloom, I hope you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year sweet friend.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The colors you choose for your quilts are always so cheery! Such a lovely quilt!
Wishing you a safe and blessed new year!

Thimbleanna said...

Another great krinkly finish Elaine! Looks like your new year is off to a great start -- Happy New Year!