Friday, September 18, 2020

Happy Friday

Perhaps you've heard that things are bigger in Texas. It is true. Sometimes it surprises me. This pot of coleus have just about taken over this little seating area.  There is a hanging basket  with a spider plant almost buried to the left.  Oh well, it's too hot to sit out there anyway!

 I have one lone pimento pepper plant and it is in that bottomless white bucket you see on the bottom. I have to protect anything I want to keep from marauding chickens. The garden is fenced, but somehow they still manage to invade it from time to time. The littles are growing like mad and the old lady chickens are just tired. They are barely laying any eggs at all now, and I don't blame them. Dinah on the upper right is one of the two masters of the house (they think!) Buddy tries hard to keep them in order.  If you click to make the picture larger you can see him herding chicks out of Ruthie's garden. 

It's a tough life, but he does a good job. I do love him so!

Mr. Muddling and I took a little ride to an antique mall we like to visit this morning. We NEEDED to get out of the house. I was so happy to find this little teddy bear. Unlike most I've seen, this one is a quilt on the front and the back. I like him!

I was also quite pleased to find the little lady on the right. I've had her "brother" for years and years, a gift from my darling grandmother. Aren't they sweet!

The clamshell quilt top is complete now and I got it loaded on the quilt machine last night. I've made a couple of passes on it. I'm using the "loopy clam" design which seemed altogether fitting! Maybe I can get it finished today.

I hope you are well and happy and that you are finding many things to make you smile! There is always something for which to be thankful.

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine












1 comment:

Karen S said...

Wow, that plant is thriving. And so are the chickens.
I am impressed with Buddy and his herding abilities.
Looks like you made some good finds at the antique mall. Sounds like a good place for a break.
The clam shells are looking good.