Sunday, August 8, 2021

Summer Fun


So many pretty things in and around Muddle Manor. I do love our flowers and plants!

I was so impressed with this tomato plant I saw out in the garden. One of the branches had fallen to the ground and rooted. Abundantly. How could I NOT plant it! Of course I did. And it is growing splendidly.

Our son and I celebrated our birthdays last week. I made these placemats for him and our sweet Lisa. Christmas and Fourth of July all in one.

Another quilt was started. Kansas Troubles Quilting tempted me with a deal on a layer cake on Instagram.


There was also a pattern included in the deal. It turned into this!

I used some of my own stash and changed the border from blue to green. It's a bit different from most quilts I make, but I like it.


Especially when it is so delightfully crinkled and cuddly!
I do love quilts, don't you?

We had a wonderful surprise rain shower this afternoon. It cooled everything down for a bit. Unfortunately it is back to HOT now!

I  hope you're having lots of good things in your part of the world!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine



1 comment:

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Happy belated birthday. I love the quilts. The colors and patterns are awesome. Glad you got a refreshing rain.