Saturday, February 23, 2008

Links - Past, Present and Future

If you really want to induce some droolage in your life, check out Flower Garden's post today. Some of the most beautiful flowers in her yard, and the quilt she's been working on is just gorgeous. Serious drooling going on here!





My kind neighbor has just brought over some flour sack towels she included in one of her orders for me. So I have another project:). We're going to embroider some of Alicia Paulson's dish towels. I do not know how Miss Posie Gets Cosy keeps coming up with all those wonderful projects, but I sure am glad she does!



This little pile of sweetness needs ironing, but is some of the things I've held on to from people who've been a part of my life. I like to think of these women putting the tiny stitches in so carefully and crocheting and tatting with love in every stitch. It comforts me that these bits of handiwork have survived for so many years, and I hope that some of what I do will also last and bring comfort to those I love.

It's a beautiful day here, and we're about to go and get out in it!

Have a wonderful day.

~Elaine~

2 comments:

Annie said...

Elaine, thanks for the link to my post. I am just having a wonderful relaxing time on your blog with this beautiful music. I too hope some of my projects lovingly made will bring some comfort to my loved ones in the future. We are historians you and I.

Oiyi said...

Those hankies are so pretty.