Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Think I Saved This Top

So, somehow I splashed bleach on this tank top. I've worn it that way around here for a while, but last night I had the scathingly brilliant idea to sew yo yo's over the bleach spots (and a few more just because).

I think it turned out pretty good, don't you?


Note to self: You cannot take good pictures through the kitchen window because the screen will distort the view.
There were a couple of indigo buntings on the ground this morning and I wanted a picture of them. Unfortunately, too far away, too much screen in the view and not a very inspiring background even if it had turned out. Another lesson in how not to take photos. :( sorry.



8 comments:

Leah Durham said...

Hello Elaine! I posted under your comment on Daisy Cottage blog. I think the shirt turned out probably better than before,ha,ha! So nice to meet you! Leah

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Thanks, Leah. Nice to meet you, too.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

You are very clever! It looks very stylish! We have buntings come through this way once in a while. They are so beautiful. The first time I saw one, I thought someone's pet bird had escaped, than after looking on the net, found out what kind of bird it was. Have a good weekend, blessings,Kathleen

Jan said...

Very clever save. I really like it.

Thimbleanna said...

Nice save! I especially like the colors you used!

Oiyi said...

That is cute and a genius idea.

Susan said...

Very nice you cleaver girl.

Kerri said...

what a great idea!! i love yo-yo's!!