Monday, June 20, 2011

Any Smart Person


would just enjoy the view from inside the house where the air conditioning makes it bearable.  But then again, if I only stayed inside - it would not look the way it does out there, now would it?




















Besides, if I stayed inside I'd miss all the other neat stuff going on out there.  And that would never do!


This is one of the cuttings I rooted from the rose Mr. Muddling and I dug up from the yard of a friend of ours who had to move from her house.  She had lived there for over forty years.  It was so sad.  But she wanted me to have her rose bush.  I divided it into three separate plants and gave one to my neighbor.  The other two are growing here in our yard.


This is a longer view of the same little cutting.  It's in a planter with some coleus and seems to be perfectly happy there.  It's really grown.


And....the figs are starting to ripen!!  Almost time to start canning some fig preserves.  But today, I just picked some and ate them.  They were so good.  I am the only inmate of Muddle Manor who likes figs, so I feel absolutely no guilt about eating the first ones all by myself.  Of course I did have to share with some of the chickens.  They insisted.


And, today is Miss Ru's birthday!  I cheated and bought a cake for her this year.  I don't think I've ever done that before, but Mr. Muddling said it was just too hot to bake.  I agreed.


It's a marble cake and really good.

Didn't they do a beautiful job on these sugar flowers?  I couldn't have competed with that!

I finished my "leftover" quilt top.  I do have a couple of borders added on, but did not get a picture of that before the light was gone.  I'm hoping to get the backing sewn together tonight and to get it loaded on the quilt frame.  We'll see.

Wow!  That was a lot of stuff, wasn't it?  If you're still with me - I hope you've had a lovely day in every way, and I really wish I could share some of that cake with you!

Hugs and kisses,

                                             

5 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Ruthie-Ru!
Sometimes I think about what we did before AC; I know I would find a seat in the shade and just sit and melt, eating some figs would be nice, too. Thanks for taking us out there with you. I didn't mind the heat at all:-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That cake looks SOOO good.

Are you sure you didn't plan the leftovers quilt? It is just beautiful.

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Ru -- that cake looks fabulous! Love that leftover quilt too!

*karendianne. said...

See I read that title and I knew it wasn't a post for me. ;P Always so happy to see the chickens (as you know) and the flowers are lovely. Great cake and umm… BTW - fantastic QUILT! Love it. You're rockin'.

Oiyi said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Ru! That quilt top is lovely. The colors are so fun.