Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Blocks




Mr. Muddling requested a new quilt.  And since he never complains about all the fabric and quilting going on around her, I am more than happy to comply.  LOL



I've been doing a little on this off and on between other projects, and I got the blocks all finished last night and up on the design wall.



Don't you like this border fabric?



I got most of these, along with a free pattern for the quilt from Connecting Threads.  I like that their fabrics are made in this country, not imported.  And they are very nice to sew as well.


They have a really neat application on their website that lets you plug their fabrics into a quilt pattern from the site.  Saves trying to bend your brain around how things will actually look together.  Hey, anything that helps!

I have some special fabric that I'm going to include in the backing, but still muddling through how that is going to all go together.  I'll get there.  Sooner or later.

It's hot here again today, no surprise there!  Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and kisses,


3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Ohhh la, la!!! Pretty fabrics and I like what you have pulled for the border fabric. Terrific!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that's the perfect quilt for a man! I love batiks -- I don't use them enough, but I love them!

Susan said...

I love batiks and have plans to use them soon, I hope. This is a great manly quilt but I hope there's room for the two of you.