Friday, October 7, 2011

Strip Twist

Yes, indeed, finished!  And I think it turned out really well.  I like it!  It is a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter, if you are interested in making one.


Here's a little closer look and you can see I did use the two batiks I bought last weekend. 


This one is for a guy who's a guitar player, so of course I had to put a few in there for him.


And here's the back , mostly covered up by that huge rosella bush in the garden.


I harvested a nice big bowl of them and will get more tomorrow.  I'm thinking I might try making jelly this time.


I also harvested this nice little bunch of mustard greens.  They were delicious for lunch today.  There is just nothing like fresh from the garden produce!

I'm thinking on another quilt.  Haven't quite decided on a plan yet though.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and lots of fun!

Hugs and kisses,
                   

12 comments:

Karen said...

I really like this one! Love the colours and the pattern works so well. Very quick work.
Looks like your garden is still being very productive.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I really like it too.
Fresh produce from the garden can't be beaten.

Annie said...

I LOVE this quilt - so OUT THERE and this way and that, I want to make one. It's a shame that tomorrow is the last day of the holidays. LOVE it!!!!!!

Melanie said...

Great quilt... the best part of saturday is catching up with friends....Looks like harvest time at your house.

Susan said...

What a wonderful design and I love your little extras, this is a sweet gift. Having a nice day already.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I would love to have some mustard greens. They are so good at this time of year. Your quilt is awesome! I love the colors and the pattern. You do fantastic work. I enjoyed as always your posting.

JL Dodge said...

Love it , you are so talented !
love the food too ...wheres mine LOL
I know grow my own right !!
ENJOY
JL&B

Thimbleanna said...

It turned out great Elaine -- it's Beautiful!

BJ said...

What amazing choices of colour! Very nice Elaine!

Susie Swanson said...

Another beautiful Quilt Elaine, I love to visit your posts, it gives me all kinds of ideas.Thanks alot..

Margaret said...

Hey that quilt came up really well. I have a friend coming over to the Houston Quilt show, so if you here an Aussie accent think of me.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Pretty quilt. I love fresh mustard greens! blessings,Kathleen