Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Don't Know


I don't know exactly how I became so fortunate as to have a friend like Margaret, but I am so thankful that I do.  Margaret left a comment for me on my blog yesterday saying that she had sent me a package and that she hoped it would arrive the same day Miss Ru (our daughter Ruthie) got home from the hospital.


I have been the recipient of several of Margaret's beautiful stitcheries, and I treasure each one.  She suggested that I might put this one into one of my quilts.  Selfishly, I don't know if I could bear to part with it, and we all know my quilts tend to leave home.


Miss Ru claimed the blue bag right away which leaves me very happily with the floral one.  Both of them are perfect.















We had to try the Australian biscuits right away.  The top package.  Oh my, talk about good!  I don't think we have anything exactly like that here.


Hand knit (by Margaret) elf socks!  I try so hard not to be envious, but I have been - just the least little bit - of all those of you talented knitters out there.  I've tried, but have not so far been able to wrap my head around the whole process.  And I have SO wanted some hand knitted socks and now I have some! I love them.
So many pretty things in this package,

and each one a reminder of a dear lady who has touched my heart.  Again and again.






You know, Margaret got her wish, too, because the package arrived today shortly after Mr. Muddling brought Miss Ru home from the hospital.  Excellent timing.  We all enjoyed seeing the treasures from a dear friend far away.

Miss Ru is doing very well.  Glory to God!  We'll have about a week of at-home IV antibiotic medications and then she can get back to her life. 

I am so thankful for so many things.  God is so incredibly good to us in so many ways.  So many of the dear, dear friends I've discovered here in blogland are definitely one of those ways.  Thanks to all who have prayed for Miss Ru.  I know a very wise woman who always says, "Prayer moves the hands that move the world."

You know I love you, and I pray for you, too.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs and kisses,

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Twice Blessed .

Karen said...

What a wonderful package!
I am so pleased you have been introduced to our wonderful Tim Tam biscuits!!

Annie said...

Nothing quite like a Tim tam and a parcel. Lovely things and good times ahead for you all

Miri said...

Glad Ru's back home. :)
What a lovely parcel. There's a special way to eat Tim Tam's -something about dunking them-but I don't remember exactly what. They are delicious!

Susie Swanson said...

What a wonderful package. I've never eaten Tim Tams but they surely look good..Susie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news :-)
Take one TimTam and a cup of coffee. Now nibble two opposite corners and preceed to drink your coffee through a chocolated coated straw. A fun yummmm.

Oiyi said...

Such a wonderful friend! That package would surely warm anyone's heart. Beautiful work.

Susan said...

Welcome home Miss Ru! How nice she could share in your wonderful treasure trove...Margaret is a sweetheart.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So glad Miss Ru is out of the hospital and hope she continues getting well. It is wonderful to have special friends like Margaret........happy for you! blessings,Kathleen

BJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BJ said...

So glad to hear that your precious girl is home!
And what fun to receive a gift in the mail!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What a wonderful package. Welcome home from the hospital, Ru. I sure hope you are doing well. What fun to receive the present in the mail. I love the stichery, and colors.

Mary Johnson said...

What a lovely package of goodies. I'.ve not spent much time reading blogs so I didn't know about your daughter...so glad she's home.