Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful!

I hope you've all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It seems only fitting that we set aside one day a year at least to officially thank God for all the blessings He's given us, doesn't it?




And we're not even going to talk about things like this, okay?
We're thankful (and full), we're just not going to talk about them.



Have you ever found that when you have projects that really NEED to be done right now, you can always find something else you'd rather do? Or am I the only one?




I'm trying to finish some quilts for Christmas gifts. I have two right now that are ready to be quilted. Glory to God! But am I quilting them? No.


I found other things to do........




Remember that little chair I picked up at the resale shop? Isn't it pretty!
And we finally got our new roof put on last weekend. Since we had to have the old one taken off all the way down to the rafters I thought I'd better get some of the "treasures" (junk) up in the attic down from there before it got injured any more than it already was. :)




These little tables we have had for years. The top on one was broken and they were both pretty sad.
I did get one of them cleaned up and painted. Can you tell that I'm liking the green right about now?
The other little baby needed some serious mending (which my Sweetie Pie did for me). It is back together now out in the garage waiting for its turn with primer, sandpaper and paint.





Speaking of old things........


I had a hankering the other day for some "toad-in-the-hole", so I made a batch for daughter, daughter's boyfriend, Mr. Sweetie Pie and me.
Delicious! Often the simplest things are just the best!

Enjoy your evening!

No comments: