Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Pretties in the Yard





And a recipe for you.



I thought I'd share my recipe for meatloaf with you today. I've had this one for a long time, and it's really good.



Glazed Meat Loaf
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup oats, uncooked
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons horseradish
Combine all ingredients and shape into loaf. Place in shallow pan.
Mix:
2 tablespoons chili sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Smooth over top of meatloaf

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, or until done.
Four generous servings.
We had it for lunch today with some potato salad, green beans and biscuits. (I know, Margaret, these are not biscuits to you, but I'm in Texas. :)
Sometimes these old fashioned foods are just the best.
These little guys are on our dining table right now guarding treasure.
Sinful. Stay away! This means YOU! (Actually it means ME, but I don't always.)

It's a beautiful day here. Hope yours is good, too.
Hugs and kisses,

2 comments:

Millie said...

Elaine, the meatloaf looks so yummy. The chicken poop dit wonders to those pretty flowers.
Nice Easter basket too.
~Millie~

Oiyi said...

That is such a comfort meal! Yummy!