Monday, September 27, 2010

Beach Outing

Today Mr. Sweetie Pie being on vacation, we decided to take our girls for a little beach outing.  It was such a beautiful day.  You can see the sea gulls enjoying the water and the beach.


We and our daughters enjoyed the day as well.  We only have our baby girl with us for a couple more days.  It's going to be hard to let her go back home.



On a much sadder note:  we made a horrible discovery yesterday.  One of the new chicks - the little black up there standing by herself on the left - is blind.  I've never had that happen before.  I have no idea why or how.  She looks perfectly normal, but she cannot see at all.  The other chicks are shunning her, and I'm pretty sure that once they all get bigger, they will all attack her.  Chickens always go for the weak and sickly.  Survival of the fittest, I guess.  It just mades me want to cry.  I know what I should do, but I don't want to do it.  Life is unfair sometimes, isn't it?


I do hope you've had a great day, and that tomorrow is even better!

Hugs and kisses,
                                             

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh no! That's so very sad Elaine. I don't think I could do it either. I've never had any experience with chicks or chickens, but gosh....soooo, so sad!

Susan said...

Elaine, could you isolate her from the others or would she not survive that? This is very sad.
Enjoy the remaining time with your girls, I now know how hard it is to have a child live far from me. Hugs!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh, Elaine, I'm so sorry about that poor little chicken being blind. I just hate to hear that.

I am glad you had a wonderful outing to the beach. The photo is absolutely beautiful with the sea gulls and the ocean. It looks so peaceful. So glad you and the family had a great time at the beach.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, how I miss the beach! So sorry to hear about your blind chicken. Hope it all turns out well. blessings,Kahtleen

Annie said...

So sorry about the chick