Friday, September 24, 2010

They Grow So Fast!

On Wednesday morning this batch of chicks was hatched.  On Thursday morning they arrived here in Houston.  This afternoon I noticed that they already are starting to get real wing feathers!  They're only two days old.  And I thought children grew fast!



I have to admit that I've spent a fair amount of time out in the garage, just watching these little chicks doing their little chicks things.  They are so busy, and they seem so happy, and then they suddenly just lay down and take a nap.  A lot like little children.



I have to admit that I was teasing Chloe with a video of the chicks that I was playing on the computer.  She was fascinated with the sounds of them chirping.



She was pretty sure she could get them out of there.


Finally, she decided she'd just bite the thing and get them out.  And I decided I'd better quit playing with her that way. LOL!


Chloe is NOT to be trifled with.


Meanwhile, Baby Girl is busy building an Owl Army courtesy of a very nice "tutowlrial" from Moonstitches.

She's made a pretty good start, don't you think?

Hope your weekend is delightful!  We have good things planned here.

Hugs and kisses,
                                                 

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Cats and modern technology don't go together , you would have had one frustated moggy there,

Susan said...

Elaine, you are such a tease, why don't you just let Chloe out with the real ones. NO don't--just kidding. Enjoy your babies.

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the owls. Funny on Chloe. There is a commercial on TV where they have a squeeky toy to try to catch their dog. Our dog thinks the toy is up in the TV so he jumps up on the table and tries to find it. Funny funny animals. Chicks do grow so fast!

Oiyi said...

The chicks are so cute! I would spend my day watching them, too.