Saturday, March 10, 2012

First Things First



I need to add one more vertical row to the right, but the first two vertical rows to the left are now sewn together.  Progress is good!

"Cowboy" Bruno inspecting the newly laid mulch.  We've had a good bit of rain since then, so it is nicely settled in now.

"Princess" Chloe not at all happy that she's being held captive inside.

Bush Lantana in full glorious bloom.

We bought this one last weekend.  It's a pink jasmine - very pretty and very fragrant.

Carolina Jessamine
Topsoil spread in back yard and sown with mulched grass seed.  Now if I can only manage to keep the chickens off it we might actually get some grass out there.  One hopes.


The bees are loving all the flowers.  

We've been having some rain the past few days and it's been cooler, but that won't last for long.  Summer will soon be here, so I'll enjoy the mild weather while it lasts!

I need to go and bake a lemon meringue pie now.  Have a great rest-of-the-weekend!

Hugs and kisses,

10 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Elaine. I like your strippie quilt--neat fabrics that you've chosen for it. Looks like your spring is ahead of mine this year. My jasmine is still sleeping and it's cold and blustery.
best, nadia

Karen said...

Your quilt top is coming along very nicely. Good to see Bruno enjoying the garden. Your plants are looking so pretty. Spring is a lovely time.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I didn't know there was a bush variety of Lantana. I guess I still have a lot to learn!

Anonymous said...

Your spring blooms are so pretty! And so is your quilt! Our spring is not that advanced but it is in the air.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Love the quilt! We have been getting good rain as well! Lovely blooms!

Thimbleanna said...

Lookin' Good Ms. Muddling! Your flowers are beautiful too -- spring is on the way!

Margaret said...

Hey ! that was a lovely pinky post, hope you have luck with the chickens ----- Perhaps you need to make them some soft bootees so they wont scratch ---- well it was an idea!!!!

Susie Swanson said...

I enjoyed your beautiful spring photos and the quilt is beautiful as usual...Hope you have a nice week..Susie

Annie said...

Beautiful flowers and i Love that quilt/might have to have a go at one eith my.scraps

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh the flowers knock me out. I do love that quilt top. It speaks to me.