Monday, December 10, 2012

Non-Traditional


I am supposed to be working on the Easy Street mystery, but instead I wandered off track (again) and started playing with these Christmas fabrics I bought in a great Black Friday sale at Connecting Threads.  Aren't they fun?
Easy Street fabrics giving me dirty looks.
I did a lot of cutting with the GO! cutter.  It's a real time saver.  I also used it to trim the half square triangle blocks so they would all be the same size.  I need all the help I can get!
More cutting waiting for me.

My very sweet sister-in-law recently gifted me the Christmas fabrics and I'm thinking one of them might be the backing.
 
 Speaking of sweet, my friend Margaret sent me these two beautiful bags.  Isn't this a neat use for old ties.  I love them!  Margaret is a determined lady.  She sent these earlier and they didn't make it, but were returned to her.  She sent them again, and this time I got them.  Thank you, Margaret!  I so enjoy our long distance friendship!
 
It's cold here today.  Getting colder.  Looks like a good day to make cookies!  Hope you're having a good day where you are!
 
Hugs and kisses,

8 comments:

Annie said...

I love the tie bags...great idea. I'm also very interested in the Go Cutter. I think I'd like one of those

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm seriously thinking of asking for a Go Cutter for my birthday (in February). Which one do you have, and what dies would you say are "must haves"?

Sheila said...

Such cute hand bags! How do people think of these things! Why can't I think of cute thinks like that ...
I like your Christmas project. The gifted yardage is beautiful.
I'm taking a break from Easy Street, myself. I ran outa thread in my bobbin and walked away. I'm almost done with Part 3. Not sure I'm good with these mystery things. Don't know where this is going. Feels like I'm crawling around in the dark.

Susie Swanson said...

Those are beautiful and I love the handbags.. I need a Go Cutter too..

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just love the handbags! Cant blame you for not reading and looking at this beautiful fabric!

Thimbleanna said...

And by cold, do you mean 55 LOL??? Looks like you're having fun in the sewing room -- you always do!!!

Louise said...

Your new Christmas fabrics are so cheerful! I have a big box of ties I've been collecting for years. *Someday* I'm going to make a Victorian-style quilt...maybe a log cabin.

Nanette Merrill said...

You're busy as always. Love that about you. Those big pieces of Christmas fabric will work nicely for backs.