Saturday, March 24, 2018

Red and Brown Half Hexagon Quilt

The half hexagon quilt is finished and I like it. It was really easy to put together and a lot of fun, too. You know  we have to have fun!

I did not manage to get a very good picture of it, but you can get the general idea. The wonderful Wanda at Exuberant Color gave me the burning desire to make one of these a while back when I saw hers. Wanda is such a generous person and I have been inspired and instructed by her many times.

Soft and cuddly, crinkly after a run through the washer and dryer.

Kind of makes you think of boxed cupcakes, doesn't it? 

The oh-so-innocent Chloe enjoying the log cabin quilt on my chair. By the way, the rug mat I put under it is doing a marvelous job! No slippage at all yet.

Outside, Spring is in full sway out in the back yard. I do so love this time of year.

I saw the other day our "goony bird" has returned. It's actually a gray night heron, but it took a while to find out what its species was, so we all just called it a goony bird. My neighbor Eva and I always look forward to their return each year. Our neighbor Sandy - not so much, mainly because they always build a nest right next to her carport. When you get droppings from these birds.......it's pretty massive! Not a lot of fun to clean up that kind of mess.

So, we take the good with the bad and just try to enjoy it all!  I am so thankful to be feeling so much better this year and to be able to work outside in our yard. I do love playing in the dirt!

I hope there are lots and lots of wonderful things in your world and that you are enjoying each and every one of them!

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Beautiful quilt! I love your collage of photos and how pretty everything looks. Yes, we have swallows that try to make their nest right above the back door. How sweet your kitty looks on the quilt! Glad you are feeling better this year and hope you get to play in the dirt a lot!

hetty said...

Love your half hexagon quilt. Did you use a Go Cutter to cut out the pieces? Kitty looks very comfortable on that log cabin quilt. And your yard looks amazing. Hope you get to do lots of gardening this year.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the red and brown together. I may have to try that combination too.

Karen S said...

I love the way the half hexies turned out. That is a great design. Well done on a great finish.
And your garden is looking lovely with all the work you have done.
Keep having fun.

Thimbleanna said...

Another beauty Elaine! I really love the red and brown combo -- so pretty! Your spring is looking mighty fine too -- it's still dismal, gray and cold up here. Although, we'll be in the 50's for the next few days, so I'm thinking it will soon start greening up here. Happy Spring!