Tuesday, May 15, 2018

A Quilt for our Neighbor

My friend Sandy and I recently learned that our neighbor had lost her mother. Like most daughters, Angela loved her mom a lot and the loss hit her pretty hard. Naturally Sandy and I thought a quilty hug would be a good thing for her.

I used my Go!Cutter again to cut more of the half hexagon blocks and Sandy sewed them together with design advice from her husband. He did well, didn't he!

I quilted it. This is a shot of the back.

And with the binding.

It's a pretty one, I think, and it blessed her, which is the main thing. I love it that we can do things together to let a friend and neighbor know we love her and are thinking of her and praying for her and her family.

And now in the never ending saga of life at Muddle Manor, I am pressing and trimming leftover half square triangles trimmed from another project. These are being trimmed to an inch and a half then four of them sewn together into pinwheels. They will be cornerstones for an idea I had. 

This year we are trying some of the grow bags out in the back yard. There are pimiento peppers in the bag in the foreground and they are growing splendidly!  Not too excited about that corn back there though.  We'll see. 

I hope your week is going well and that there are lots of things to make you smile!

Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Karen S said...

Another gorgeous quilt finish. Such a kind thought for your neighbour. And I love that you did as a combined effort.
Garden looking good again. It will be interesting to see how the grow bags go.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What a sweet thing to give Angela a quilt. It sure is beautiful. Your garden is looking great.

Susie Swanson said...

I'm sure this brought a lot of comfort to her. you have a heart of gold my friend. love your garden. Love and Blessings.

Sheila said...

Another beautiful quilt made with love.
I saw someone using grow bags for vegetable plants on YouTube. Neat idea.
Always fun seeing some of your chickens photo bomb your pictures. He knows CORN is growing in that grow bag.

JanineMarie said...

How sweet. It sounds like you have a close-knit neighborhood.

grammajudyb said...

The half he is quilt is wonderful. My granddaughter and her husband had grow bags on their large back deck. Here garden did very well. Hope yours is successful too.

Quilting Stories said...

Wow what a stunning quilt, congrats! I am myself working on a half hexie quilt for the first time and I enjoy it!