Saturday, May 5, 2018

At Last


Mr. Muddling's quilt, Hot Houston Reds (aka Narragansett Blues by Bonnie Hunter) is finally finished!  Hurrah!  It's a pretty good sized quilt and I had to have him stand on a little stool to keep it off the ground while he held it up so I could take pictures.

Pretty nice quilt holder-upper, huh? Got to love him. He puts up with a lot from me!

And here it is in its intended place, being a chair cover. It is working really well. Mr. Muddling says it's the first one that has not tried to slip and slide. Yay!

I mostly just quilted it in wavy lines, at least until I hit the middle and then I got bored for a few minutes and did some meandering. What can I say?

I think Summer may already be here. It has been hot, but I know it's just the start. Good thing is, we got our first tomato from the garden to enjoy today! Lots going on out there and lots to enjoy. The chickens certainly do when I let them out. I've had to curtail their outside the pen time or there would be no green grass in the back yard. They are more than a little destructive, but I love them anyway.

Yes, I've started another half hexie quilt. I do love how simple the Go! cutter makes it to put them together! And I needed an easy one after the Reds.

While I sew, Mr. Muddling has been keeping himself busy and productive painting. He's finished the dining room and it is mostly back together again. It looks so fresh and clean! Love it!

I am so thankful for so many things. God is good to us all whether it always seems like it or not. I'm so glad to know that I can trust Him to know what's best for me.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Karen S said...

Wow, this one is quite stunning. Love the way it has turned out. Some much work involved but so worth it. I can understand why Mr M loves it so much.
Your garden is looking healthy and productive.
And how good to have the rooms being painted, too.
I look forward to seeing your half hexies done.

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful quilt and I know he's satisfied with it. I can tell by how he was willing to hold it for you. Glad your garden is doing good. Folks are just now getting their stuff in the ground. You take care and don't stay to busy. lol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that red quilt! I'm not sure I would even like it in blue.....

Sheila said...

I LOVE the RED HOT HOUSTON QUILT! My goodness. That is a Big quilt! Looks awesome on the chair.
Summer finally came last week. No real spring. Thought winter would never be over.