Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Ranch Style Disappearing Nine Patch

I'm calling it a ranch style, because it is going to a ranch, and she asked for colors suitable for that. 

It looks pretty happy here in the big city, too, though, doesn't it?


I like it. And I hope our friends will as well. They are starting a new venture - a boys camp, than will also be a pastors' retreat, and now I hear there will also be a church there. Exciting times! This one will be for the pastors' retreat. 

Mostly the top is batiks. The inner border and binding are regular black cotton, and the outer border is a Jenny Beyer print.

The backing is this swirling design, and don't you love that I was sewing the binding on with my American Beauty vintage machine which is absolutely color coordinated! I do amuse myself sometimes.


Lots of pretty things growing and blooming and living out in the back yard at Muddle Manor. Look at the lower right - don't the chickens look disappointed that their watermelon is all gone? I am letting them out for a couple of hours each evening to maraud in the back yard. It is so hot, I like to give them an opportunity to get out and run around a little once it gets closer to dark.

Mr. Muddling has been concocting these wonderful salad meals for us lots of days and they are perfect for a hot summer day!

I hope all is well in your world. Sorry I've been a bit slow with my posting. I just couldn't seem to make myself do it!

Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the colors in Ranch style D9P. I also love how you have set the blocks which is different than I usually see or do. Your setting gives the feeling of a bargello quilt. Did you do a lot of planning?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a very striking layout!!

The comment thing is fixed. If you go to settings and remove your email address from the box, Save settings, the re-enter your email address and Save settings. You can leave a comment for yourself to see if it is working and then delete your comment permanently with the garbage can icon.

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful quilt and i sure hope the nine patch is not disappearing . It's so popular. Love your yard and stay cool in this heat. Happy 4th sweet friend. Love and Blessings.