Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Pinwheel Rail Fence

This one is on its way to West Texas to live in a Pastors' Retreat. It's a variation Donna Jordan of Jordan Fabrics came up with for a rail fence. I like it a lot, and it was easy to put together, which is also a plus!

If you click on this picture, it should enlarge and you can see a piece of the backing on the lower right. Also you might be able to see that I've used the inner border fabric for the binding, too.

It seems to me a happy quilt and I hope it will be a blessing. It's not always easy to get a good picture of the true colors, but maybe you can get at least an idea. 

I'm working on this one now, which will go to the USO Lounge at our local airport. I think I'm going to use that blue there on the right for the border. We don't make all the quilts for them red, white and blue, but a good many of them are those traditional patriotic colors. Men and women who volunteer to put themselves in harm's way to serve our country are undoubtedly patriotic and deserving of our thanks.

Still a lot of pretty things out in our own back yard, but I am watering somewhere out there every day. It has been HOT and dry here, but that's really not unusual. Just not very pleasant either!

I am so thankful for blooming African violets in the kitchen window and a pretty view of Ruthie's garden outside. Ruthie was not a gardener, but she loved flowers and all things pretty. It makes me smile to think of her when I look outside at this little patch of pretty flowers in memory of her.

And this big ole boy, Buddy, makes me smile all the time, if not laugh out loud. He has become my constant companion even if sometimes he is so tired he looks like a drunk!

Aren't there always just so many things for which to be thankful! I think so, and I am! I hope you are, too.

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Karen S said...

Another lovely quilt. Well done.
How lovely to have your garden bring you special memories.
It must be so hot for you now. Keep up with the watering!

Susie Swanson said...

Another beautiful quilt to warm someone's hear and I love your garden. it's hard to keep it watered I'm sure. We sure haven't had to water much this summer, rain and more rain but I try not to complain with folks being drenched so long and the lack of rain in places they need so bad. Stay cool my sweet friend. Blessings and lots of Love.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a joy that you find things to be thankful for! How cute Buddy is content and snoozing. Love your pretty garden photos and I think Ruthie would love the way the garden looks. I have tried several times to raise african violets......but have never been successful. Yours are beautiful! And as always....your quilts are simply works of art. The first one makes me think of fall time with it's earthy colors. Just lovely!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! I love the Pinwheel Rail Fence. I've never seen this pattern, but it sure is beautiful!