Friday, September 21, 2018

Muddling As Usual

I have been working on a quilt similar to one I made several years ago. It has always been one of my favorites, and I decided I wanted to make one to live here.

I've been making these blocks for a coupe of weeks now.

I've put them up on the design wall and then expanded to two design walls. I've remade blocks and rearranged blocks and it is beginning to look like the never ending project. But I WILL finish it. 

This sugary bit of deliciousness is a fried apple pie.

My sister Sue lives in Colorado and has an apple tree that has been very generous to her and her sweet husband this year. She decided to try drying some of the bounty. I was the very fortunate recipient of some of that and right away made some of these goodies. Mr. Muddling and I enjoyed them. Quite a lot!

Looking out into Ruthie's garden I see the althea is blooming beautifully. It is also called a rose of Sharon.

Mostly it's just a muddy mess out there. We've had lots of rain and more to come.


But, I need look no further than the kitchen windowsill to see my sweet African violets blooming their little hearts out for me! I do love them.

I hope there is something you love seeing in your world today!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Such a NICE pattern. I remember the one you made earlier and I'm happy to see you make another. Apparently you make three sizes of blocks and sew them together in different combinations. Is there a pattern? Could you share with me the sizes of the unfinished blocks. Perfect quilt pattern for scrappy.
Lovely picture of Ruthie's little garden and your gorgeous violets! You have a green thumb!

Karen S said...

The blocks are looking great. There are some quilt designs that stay in the memory and I think it is great that you are making one now for yourself.

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a fun new quilt start! We've had too much rain too -- thankfully it's slowing down -- I wish we could send some out west where they need it so badly. And, could I please send hubby to you? He's apple pie deprived and it's his very favorite dessert LOL!!!

Susie Swanson said...

Those blocks are coming together beautiful. I used to dry apples this time of year. They make some good pies and cakes. I hope the rain has let up for you. We've had quite a bit ourselves. love your violets and never could have much luck with them. Blessings and love.