Monday, March 9, 2020

Rail Fence Baby Quilt

Another niece had a baby - a girl this time. Her colors are pink, purple and teal. This is the result, a rail fence with some Go! Cutter die cut animals appliqued on with multicolor thread. It IS colorful, isn't it!
 
The back is this sweet vintage look print surrounded by pink, which is also the binding fabric.
 
Here's a close up of the backing print. The required colors are all there, and it is sweet, too! Haven't heard yet, but we hope they like it.
 
Since we had no real freezing weather here this year, our Spring started off with a bang! I am loving every bit of it. That's Dinah there in the top row. She looks a little ominous, doesn't she? And it amazes me that our little Meyer lemon tree is loaded with flowers and still has lemons on it from last year! And the little greenhouse is coming in very useful. I have started lots of seeds.
 
Our daughter Mary graduated today from welders' dive school. So incredibly proud of her. Mr. Muddling was there in Charleston to see it happen!  Our son is keeping a close eye on me while Dad is gone.
 
I think we may get our garden planted soon. I am already looking forward to fresh veggies.
 
Now I am back to working on the third Sew Many Strips, a Quilt Along from American Patchwork and Quilting. Can you tell that I really like this pattern? This one will be going to our daughter Mary - the underwater welder -  whenever I finish it.
 
I do hope there are exciting and challenging things (in a good way) going on in your world!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! An underwater welder! Sounds like a scary job! Your flowers are all so beautiful -- looks like spring has arrived! We're patiently waiting here -- we've having some teasing weather this week, but it will be cold again soon. And, another pretty little quilt -- you're amazing!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can only dream about all of those spring flowers this early. It's still pretty drab here in IL.

Karen S said...

Lovely result with the baby quilt. So cute with the added cut outs.
Spring sure has arrived in your garden. It is looking good.
And well done to your daughter. Congratulations. What a fascinating field to work in.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love the rail fence baby quilt. The colors and the pattern are awesome!

Sheila said...

I love those warm, bright colors! Great quilt.
Your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing pictures.
Wow. A diver that wields!!! Congratulations to Mary. I know you are proud.
Been starting seeds inside and hoping they live until I can plant them outside.