Friday, February 21, 2020

Two for the USO

I finished this patriotic quilt for the USO Lounge at our local airport. It makes me happy to give our soldiers a little comfort on their journey from here to there.
 
Lots of red, white and blue in this one. But notice that the sixteen patches are a little bit of everything. I love that!
 
Here it is all crinkly and cuddly after its run through the washer and dryer.
This little red and white one will be going, too. It should be nice for a child.
 
Doesn't it make you think of cupcakes?
 
Still lots of pretty things outside! As you can see, we have not had the brutal cold this year.
I bought one of the amaryllis bulbs to force inside. That's it in the top center. That is the second stalk of four blooms! Mr. Muddling and I bought the little anthurium, the red heart shaped flower lower second from left.  It was sort of a Valentine's gift from us to us. 
 
I do love seeing all the pretty things God has put in this world for us to enjoy!
 
I hope there are lots of those in your world.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 
 
 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I just love all of you nature photos in the winter. I'm glad you haven't had any killing freezes this year.

Debbie said...

Supporting our servicemen! They are so stoic and matter of fact about what they do. Yet as a mom, I appreciate what they do as well as the families that are with them. LOve your donation!

Karen S said...

More wonderful quilts to give.
Love all the fabrics in the 16 patch. Such a great way to use fabrics.
And of course I love the red and white quilt! I agree about the cupcakes. Delicious!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You have such a pretty corner of the world with your fresh blooms and blossoms! Yes, the pretty red quilt does look like cupcakes! Both quilts are so lovely!